The Messermeister Oliva Elite Steak Knife is a 4.5” personal sized carving knife. This steak knife is expertly crafted and has a slicing blade with an upward curved tip. The main cutting edge on this steak knife is used to slice individual portions of meat. The grip can vary but the knife is usually pulled rather than pushed through the meat. The benefit of the fine-edged blade is that it can be conveniently sharpened from heel to tip. While the benefit of the multi-edge blade is that the saw teeth provide added cutting power in the tip when separating meat from the bone.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Oil the wood handle as needed with food-safe mineral oil.